NLHSC General Committee Statement to Members on the Coronavirus Situation 12-05-2020
Following the Prime Ministers announcement on Sunday the Sailing Club General Committee has met tonight, via video conference, to discuss NLHSC's strategy for a return to sailing
In line with the latest Government and RYA guidance we are putting in place measures to encourage social distancing, ensure high levels of sanitization and enable a safe return to sailing. We will:
- Put up clear and detailed signage around the Club to remind members of the guidance
- Provide Hand Sanitiser, Liquid Soap, Blue Roll and other sanitary products as needed
- Set out a process to enable members to access the club safely
We are intending to have these measures in place by Monday 1st June and ask that until these measures are in place members refrain from accessing the club.
Once these measures are in place members are reminded in particular of the following
- To maintain social distancing and good hygiene at all times in line with the Government guidelines
- Safety cover is not available for any members using the water - members' should use common sense and sail well within their limits
- Organised gatherings, with more than one person outside of your household, are not currently permitted
We want to ensure that the sailing club is a safe environment and if any members feel they can help or contribute to a safe return to sailing please contact any member of the committee.
Until the Government advice changes there are no plans to reinstate or restart any organised training or social events but as soon as we can safely do this we will.
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy,
NLHSC General Committee